- Assoc. Prof. Matsuura's research was published in PNAS（click here）
- Best Presentation Award in the Midterm Examination for Master Course Students 2016（click here）
- Application deadline is approaching. For Oct. 2017 intake for Japanese Government Scholarship Students.(Due date; December 9, 2016 4:00 p.m. (Japan time))->Closed.
- Information for "International Students Admissions" is updated.（click here）
- Leaflet for "Biotechnology Global Human Resource Development Program" is available.（click here）
- Osaka University X Shimadzu Joint Workshop was held in Jakarta, Indonesia.（click here）
- Midterm examination for master course students was held. (click here)
- The Osaka University Shimadzu Analytical Innovation Research Laboratory has been launched. （click here）
Message from the Course Chairman
|For the past few decades, biotechnology has been rapidly advancing together with the development of life sciences. There are great expectations for biotechnology to produce medicine, preserve the natural environment, and perform other roles. The Department of Biotechnology is an academic subject in the School of Engineering that is unique in Japan. It is based on biology, physics, and chemistry, and seeks to elucidate the mechanism behind various biological phenomena and research and educate on the academic and cutting-edge technology that can be applied to those mechanisms from an engineering standpoint.
For example, the department conducts research on everything from microorganisms to animals and plants to search for useful compounds for foods, beverages, medicine, and agrochemicals, establishes theories for manufacturing them, develop new biological functions and environmental clean-up systems, and otherwise makes life science useful to everyday life. With this goal in mind, we research and educate on cutting edge technologies in fields such as genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology, cellular engineering, protein engineering, and biochemical engineering, and send skilled staff out into the world.
|Division of Advanced Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University
Course Chairman in FY2016: Eiichiro Fukusaki
|Download （Click here）|
Related Divisions and Centers
|International Center for Biotechnology||Department of Bioinformatic Engineering, |
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
|Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research||Department of Material and Life Science|
|Joint Research Chair / Research Alliance Laboratories|